with Speak Method
|Online Classes||Pronunciation Facts||R, Th, T and other sounds||500 Words Practice|
|Local Classes||Business Communication||TOEFL Prep||ESL Stories|
|Contact us||Vowel Sounds
||Grammar and Idioms||For Young People|
1. People try to travel in the desert.
2. Deserts are dry. There is little water.
3. You cannot go fast in a vast desert.
4. The camel does not zip across the sand. He goes slowly.
5. People tie packs to his back around his hump.
6. People hang a bag around his neck that has extra things.
7. The bag hangs by his chest.8. Camels sometimes spit at people. Maybe it's a jest.
vast/fast zip/sand back/pack
bag/back jest/chest that/things
Cross Over Sounds
desert = de-zert, is = iz, little = lid-ul, water = wa-der, does = duz, his = hiz, has = haz
Answer the questions:
1. Are deserts wet or dry?
2. What do people tie to the camel's back?
3. What do people put in bags?
See answers below.
1. Deserts are dry.
2. People tie packs.
3. The bag has extra things.
4. Camels spit.
Back to ESL Stories.
Learn pronunciation: 500 Words.
Back to Speak Method home.