with Speak Method
|Online Classes||Pronunciation Facts||R, Th, T and other sounds||500 Words Practice|
|Local Classes||Business Communication||TOEFL Prep||ESL Stories|
||Grammar and Idioms||For Young People|
Use this story to practice long I sounds. Remember, the American long I sounds like Ah-ee. It sounds like the name of the letter I. This is different from long E, which is just EE. Also notice the long I is usually spelled with "igh" with "gh" silent or with a silent E nearby.
2. There is bright sunlight today.
3. The man and woman on the right are talking.
4. The woman on the left takes a picture.
5. She is wearing a white shirt.
6. Starbucks Coffee is in a white building.
7. The sign has big white letters.
8. You see shadows by the people.
9. You see shadows when light is bright.
10. Many people smile and walk.
Answer the Questions
1. Who is talking?
2. Where is Starbucks coffee?
3. What can you see by the people?
4. What do many people do?
2. Starbucks is in a white building.
3. You can see shadows.
4. People smile and walk.
Speak Method is a branch of I.E. Tutoring which owns the copyright to all materials on this site.