with Speak Method
|Online Classes||Pronunciation Facts||R, Th, T and other sounds||500 Words Practice|
|Local Classes||Business Communication||TOEFL Prep||ESL Stories|
||Grammar and Idioms||For Young People|
These penguins are from South America. If you travel abroad to Argentina or Chile, you might be able to see a penguin colony. Today the penguin in front is looking for advice from the other penguins. He is thinking about slipping down into a swimming pool.
2. The penguin on the right is turning her head in disapproval. Meanwhile, little particles of dust are getting into the fur on the penuin's belly. This is just one of the daily intrigues that happen at Sea World. Sea World is a big park in California.
|Answer the questions:|
1. Where do these penguins live now?
A. South America
2. What does "abroad" mean?
A. on Broad Street
B. out of one's own country
C. in a neighboring country
D. next door
3. What does "intrigue" mean?
A. a reason to cry
B. a hard life
C. drama or mysteryD. involved
4. What does "mirror" mean?
A. a place where you see your reflection
B. being or doing the same thing as another
C. Both A and B
D. None of the above
5. What does "advice" mean?
A. ideas given to assist another
D. response to a question
6. Which is a FACT, not an opinion?
A. the penguin is looking for advice
B. the other penguin disapproves
C. there is a lot of intrigue at Sea World
D. none of the above
Get Your Free Evaluation
The American Accent
Pronunciation of 500 Words
American Vowel Sounds
English Pronunciation News
English Grammar and Idioms
1. a, 2. b, 3. c, 4. c, 5. a, 6. d
Copyright 2010: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com