TOEFL vocabulary. Study the words and complete the exercise below.
Get more practice with the story: The Bird Room.
|impressive (imPRESiv): adj. - admirable, better than usual|
|The singer's performance was impressive. She won America's Got Talent. |
|feasible (FEEzubl): adj -- do-able, manageable|
|We can have two cats. Having three or more cats is not feasible with the size of our apartment. |
|gregarious (greGAIReeus): adj - social, enjoying company|
|She's not very social. She likes to read and write all the time. Her older sister is the gregarious one in the family. She always has friends at the house.|
|ample (AMpul): adj - plenty|
|There's ample room in the suitcase. Bring your tennis shoes and your tennis racket.|
|dwelling (DWELings): noun -- a home|
|When we travelled in India, we saw many roadside villages with small dwellings.|
Practice: Complete the sentences. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. I was never __________________. I like to stay home and do quiet things alone.
2. If you're hungry, eat all you want. We have ___________ food in the house.
3. My daughter pulled up her grades from C's to A's. I told her it was very ________________ work.
4. Many animals create ______________ for themselves inside logs and small caves.
5. We have enough money saved. Our plan to vacation in Miami is ______________.
toefl words toefl vocabulary toefl study toefl practice TOEFL words TOEFL vocabulary TOEFL study TOEFL practice
Speak Method home
Speak Method: learn pronunciation, grammar, toefl words and more
1. gregarious, ample, impressive, dwellings, feasible
2010: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com