Study for the TOEFL. Practice by answering questions below.
Get more practice with the story: The Camel.
|caution (CAHshun): safety, related to being safe||Please use caution when working with that machine.|
|challenge (CHAlenj): a difficulty that a person deals with, used in positive ways.||She likes challenges. They help her learn and grow. |
|core (CŌR): center or basic part of something||Seeds are near the core of an apple.|
She did exercises for her core: her stomach and hips.
|course (CŌRS): a class, also a route, either by road or symbolically (thought about a path to take), similar to "track"||He is taking a difficult physics course.|
He is on a new course. He has a new job and new friends.
|crack (CRACK): a rip or tear in something hard, such as rock or concrete||There were many large cracks in the sidewalk. It needed repair.|
|harvest (HARvest): the time when fruits and vegetables are ripe and they are taken from the fields.||This is the time of harvest. Everything is ripe.|
Practice Using These Nouns (the answers are at the bottom of the page)
1. I think you are on the right ___________. Everything seems right.
2. The _____________ was wonderful. There were many large and healthy foods.
3. There were quite a few _______________ in the stone wall. It needed repair.
4. He faced several _______________ when starting his new job. He had to learn fast and prove himself.
5. Do use ______________ when crossing the street. Drivers are often distracted.
6. Many people do exercises on their __________. It helps when the center of the body is strong.
1. course, 2. harvest, 3. cracks, 4. challenges, 5. caution, 6. core
Copyright: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com
Speak Method home
Speak Method: TOEFL test vocabulary, English pronunciation, business English, advanced ESL and more