TOEFL vocabulary practice. Study the words and answer questions below.
Practice reading the vocabulary in a story: The Walrus.
|Astounding (uh-STOUNDing): adj--amazing,
surprising and great
circus performers had some astounding
Mt. Everest is astounding. Most hikers cannot make
it to the top.
|Gigantic (jīGANtic): adj--very big,
blue whale is a gigantic
That roller coaster is gigantic. Let's try it!
|Hue (HYOO): noun--a particular
color, a shade of a color
|Let's paint the walls with a
light green hue.
The shirt has a dark purple hue.
|Spacious (SPĀshus): adj--having a
lot of space or room
playground is very spacious.
There is a lot of room to run around and there are lots of swingsets.
This living room is spacious!
It's not crowded with furniture.
|Worthwhile (wurth-wile): adj-- deserving of your time, good
books were very worthwhile. They taught us a lot.
Our trip to the museum was
worthwhile. We saw some beautiful pictures.
Practice: Complete the sentences.
Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. The water is amazing! I have never seen water with such a beautiful
2. I thought my dog was big, but yours is ______________________.
3. I think our hiking trip will be _____________________. We should
learn a lot about the flowers and animals.
4. This pool is very _____________________. There is plenty of room to
5. That show was ____________________! The dancers were really great.
Answers: 1. hue, 2. gigantic, 3. worthwhile, 4. spacious, 5. astounding
Speak Method home
Speak Method: TOEFL exam preparation, English pronunciation practice, English grammar online
toefl practice toefl words toefl vocabulary toefl test toefl TOEFL test TOEFL vocabulary TOEFL words TOEFL