with Speak Method
|Online Classes||Pronunciation Facts||R, Th, T and other sounds||500 Words Practice|
|Local Classes||Business Communication||TOEFL Prep||ESL Stories|
||Grammar and Idioms||For Young People|
|actually (AK-choo-uh-lee or AK-choo-lee): having truth or reality, can be used very informally
||Everyone thought my older brother was a perfect student. Actually, he asked me for a lot of help.
|chiefly (CHEEF-lee): mainly, having number one importance
||He is chiefly interested in physics, though he loves marine biology.
|constantly (CON-stunt-lee): all the time, ongoing without relief
||She constantly asks for my opinion. I wish she would make her own choices.
|purposefully (PUR-pus-ful-lee): with intention or purpose
||I'm sorry to say this, but I think he said that purposefully. He wanted to upset you.
|scarcely (SCĀR-slee): hardly, barely, having very little
||After the biology exam, I scarely have an hour to eat lunch before my algebra exam.
|visibly (VI-zi-blee): able to be seen
||She was visibly sad when reading the book. She almost cried.
Fill in the missing words. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. She is ______________ studying math, though she likes science too.
2. He __________________ walked on the other side of the street. He didn't want to talk to us.
3. The students were ___________ upset when they saw the exam results. Everyone got a C or lower.
4. My day is booked. I ____________ have time to stand up and stretch between appointments.
5. He almost ran for class president. ________________, he might have been good at it.
6. She is ______________ complaining about her headache. I am getting worried about her.
toefl words toefl vocabulary toefl study toefl practice TOEFL words TOEFL vocabulary TOEFL study TOEFL practice
Speak Method home
Speak Method: learn pronunciation, grammar, toefl words and more
Copyright 2010: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com