TOEFL words. Study and answer questions below.
Get more practice by reading the story: The Small Turtle.
|Ideal (ī-DEEL) adj: perfect, exactly as one wants|
|She was looking for the ideal marriage. That's why she divorced 4 times. |
|Immense (i-MENS) adj: very big, massive|
|The Pacific ocean is immense and difficult to cross without a large boat.|
|Persistent (per-SIS-tent) adj: trying hard, not giving up|
|His persistent effort was noticed by everyone. He never gave up.|
|Ongoing (on-GŌ-ing) adj: continuous, not stopping|
|This sickness has been ongoing, and I'm getting tired of it.|
|Unique (yoo-NEEK) adj: one of a kind, original|
|We found a unique restaurant. They have food from Africa, Eastern Europe and China. |
|Energetic: having a lot of energy, being active|
|His energetic attitude helped the team to move forward with the project.|
Practice: Complete the sentences. Answers are at the bottom of the page.1. The stadium was _______________________. It could seat 500,000 people.
2. I thought the sweater was ________________. It was hand-woven by an artist from South America.
3. The salesman was _________________. He knocked on the door three times.
4. I think it is the _________________ holiday vacation plan. That island is warm, sunny and beautiful.
5. She suffers from an _____________ headache. Though it gets better at times, she has a headache all day long, every day.
6. I am not feeling ____________________. I have a sore throat and a headache.
answers: 1. immense, 2. unique, 3. persistent, 4. ideal, 5. ongoing, 6. energetic
2010: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com
Speak Method home
Speak Method: learn pronunciation, grammar, toefl test prep and more
toefl vocabulary toefl words toefl test toefl study toefl TOEFL vocabulary TOEFL words TOEFL test TOEFL study TOEFL