TOEFL Vocabulary: study the words and answer questions below.
|blind (BLIND): adj--cannot see, being unable to see|
|Newborn kittens are blind until their eyes open. |
Many crosswalks have beeping sounds so that blind people can use them.
|Clever (CLEvr): adj--intelligent|
|His clever speech helped him to win the class president election.|
The clever dog learned how to open the door with his mouth.
|Gain (GAIN): verb--to get, to get something in addition|
|It is easy to gain weight if you eat sugar.|
Our basketball team has gained 10 points. They might win the game!
|Sensitive (SEN-si-div): adj--easily sensing or feeling things|
|She cries easily because she is sensitive, but she never cries for very long. |
My mother could hear a bird in a bush outside the kitchen window. She had very sensitive ears.
|Weak (WEEK): adj--not strong|
|He was very weak when he had the flu. He was in bed all day.|
Usually my arms are strong, but since I haven't exercised in a while, I feel weak.
Practice: Complete the sentences. Answers are at the bottom of the page.1. My grandmother says that she is more ______________ than she used to be. She remembers old times and cries.
2. If the team can ______________ three points, they have a chance. If they can't, the game's over.
3. I wish I was more _______________. I cannot figure out this game.
4. My cousin was ______________. We used to take him to the movies and whisper the story as it happened.
5. A stray cat came to our door. He was very _____________, so we gave him some food. He has stayed with us ever since.
1. sensitive, 2. gain, 3. clever, 4. blind, 5. weak
Speak Method home
Speak Method: learn toefl vocabulary, learn english pronunciation, learn english grammar and more
2010: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com
toefl words toefl vocabulary toefl practice toefl TOEFL words TOEFL vocabulary TOEFL practice TOEFL