TOEFL vocabulary. Study the words and answer questions below.
Get more practice with the story: Pike's Market.
|Appealing (uhPEEling): adj - pleasing to the senses|
|That food smells appealing. Let's eat!|
He thought the college was not very appealing. He's going to visit other schools.
|Appropriate (uhPROpriut): adj - good for the occasion, right for the time and place|
|It is wise to wear appropriate clothes to a job interview. |
|Attractive (uhTRAKtiv): adj - having good features, either physically or symbolically|
|The job offer was very attractive. I have never been offered so much vacation time. |
The little baby was very attractive. Everyone was enjoying her bright smile.
|Autonomous (ahTAHnumus): adj - independent, from one's own doing, related to one person|
|Her autonomous work created great results. Everyone was impressed. |
|Complex (cumPLEX): adj - having many sides or points for consideration, either physically or symbolically|
|People want world peace, but the world is very complex. Every nation has a different government, a different culture and different advantages. |
Practice: Complete the sentences. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. He likes to be _________________. He doesn't like working on teams.
2. Is this tie _______________? Or is it too formal?
3. I thought the theatrical performance was very ____________. There were so many colorful backdrops, and the actors were great.
4. That book describes science in a ____________ way. You may want to read an easier book first.
There were many _____________ dogs at the dog show. Their owners put a lot of time into their looks.
toefl words toefl vocabulary toefl study toefl practice TOEFL words TOEFL vocabulary TOEFL study TOEFL practice
Speak Method home
Speak Method: learn english pronunciation, grammar, toefl words and more
1. autonomous, 2. appropriate, 3. appealing, 4. complex, 5. attractive
2010: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com