Study TOEFL words. Then answer questions below.
Get more practice with the story: The Park in Spring.
|Advent (ADvent): noun - an arrival, especially of something that was waited for|
|During the advent of the new year, many people make resolutions.|
|Amazing (uhMAZEing): adj - wonderful, exciting to see or know about|
|When we toured Alaska, we saw many eagles. They are amazing birds. |
You won the championship? That's amazing!
|Amusement (uhMYUSEment): noun - something that brings pleasure and often gives something to do|
|There are many amusements at Disney World.|
He was bored for a while. Then he found amusement by going to the park.
|Delight (duhLIGHT): noun: happiness, pleasure, verb: to give happiness or pleasure|
|She laughed with delight when I gave her a 2nd cookie. |
She delighted me with her smile.
|Develop (duhVElup): verb - to create, to make more of something|
|They developed blueprints before they built their house.|
He is adding many flowers to develop his garden.
Practice: Complete the sentences. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. My husband ______________ me with his thoughtful gift.
2. At the ___________________ of winter, people start buying more food.
3. The city is planning to ________________ that block. They will sell it to people who build condominiums.
4. Your singing performance was __________________! I had no idea that you could sing that well.
5. Our family finds ___________________ in simple things. Sometimes we just sit around and watch our cat.
1. delighted, 2. advent, 3. develop, 4. amazing, 5. amusement
Copyright: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com
Speak Method home
Speak Method: study TOEFL exam words, learn English pronunciation, learn grammar
toefl practice toefl words toefl vocabulary toefl TOEFL vocabulary TOEFL words TOEFL test TOEFL