English Language Classes
|Speak clearly and with confidence.
English Grammar for Professionals: Verb Tenses and Articles
Location: The Lucky Pen, 8275 166th Ave NE, Suite 202, Redmond, WA
Class Times: Wednesday Evenings from 7:00 to 9:00pm
Class Dates: 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18 and 10/25
Register for this Class Now
This six-week course will help you speak with a wider variety of verb tenses and also use the articles (a, an, the) correctly. Here are some topics we will cover:
* brief work with harder points of the present and past tense
* when to use the present perfect and how it is used with other tenses
* popular casual moments when the present perfect is used
* when to use the progressive form, i.e. I have been studying
* using the past perfect to enhance stories about life or work
* when the future perfect is used casually
* various uses of the conditional tense, the words might, could, would and should
* if ... then statements using different verb tenses
* the basics: using a on the first mention, the when the word is known
* count and noncount nouns
* uses with letters of the alphabet and numbers
* tricky phrases such as I have little experience vs I have a little experience
* when to use the with names, such as the US, the Colorado River, the UW
* when not to use the, such as Lake Union, Seattle University
* See results with pre- and post-tests.
* Know when to use advanced verb tenses in formal and casual speech
* Understand differences in spoken and written grammar
* Improve construction of sentences
* Gain a clearer understanding of articles
* Know specific, advanced article rules
Questions? Schedule a Free Consultation to learn more.
About the Instructor
In 1998, I began my career after achieving my B.A. and Master's degrees in English. During my early years, I taught beginning to intermediate English skills including everyday conversations, basic writing and vocabulary building. About ten years ago, I began to focus on the needs of international professionals. My students have gained employment at major companies, achieved promotions to management and executive positions, passed the TOEFL test and passed the USMLE interview.
Thank you, Erica!
Classes was great and I learn a lot!Special thank you for the idioms- I recognized some of them in the movie yesterday and was very proud of myself! --MS
Thank you for your mail and for your lesson, I really liked it!
It was very useful and helpful for my English! --EV
Thank you very much for the class. I got a lot of new things and a lot of things to think about. --PK