TOEFL words. Study and answer questions below.
Get more practice with the story: The Klipspringer.
|scenic (SEEnik): adj. - offering good views, having beauty in the view|
|We stayed at a scenic hotel in Germany. We loved the view of the city streets.|
Mountain passes are great tourist attractions. They are naturally scenic.
|peculiar (peCYUlyr): adj - strange, having unusual qualities|
|I think that man is peculiar. I would not trust what he says.|
The artist has many peculiar hobbies. The hobbies help him to make interesting art.
|agile (Ajī-ul): adj - being able to move easily|
|Gymnasts have to be agile. Their bodies cannot be stiff. |
I watched as the agile cat leapt over the neighbor's fence.
|distinguish (disTINGgwish): verb - to set apart by differences, to tell the differences between things.|
|He could not distinguish between blue and green. They said he was color-blind.|
After 10 years apart, she could not distinguish her husband from his friend.
|plentiful (PLENtiful): adj -- having plenty, having enough|
|There were plentiful foods at the banquet. Everyone ate well. |
Don't worry. I'll provide plentiful snacks at the party.
Practice: Complete the sentences. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. She stretches every day because she wants to remain _________________.
2. He doesn't like coffee very much, and he cannot _______________ good coffee from bad coffee.
3. The flowers in her yard are ________________, but there is not much grass.
4. We visited many _________________ spots in Hawaii.
5. Her cat is very _________________. It doesn't like milk, and it never chases birds.
toefl words toefl vocabulary toefl study toefl practice TOEFL words TOEFL vocabulary TOEFL study TOEFL practice
Speak Method home
Speak Method: learn pronunciation, grammar, toefl words and more
1. agile, 2. distinguish, 3. plentiful, 4. scenic, 5. peculiar
2010: I.E. Tutoring/Speakmethod.com